Information about Oman
- Area: 212,460 km²
- Population: 3,102,229, including 577,293 non-nationals (July 2006)
- Capital: Muscat
- Languages: Arabic (official), English, Baluchi, Urdu, Indian dialects
- Religion: Ibadhi Muslim 75%, Sunni Muslim, Shi'a Muslim, Hindu
- Climate: dry desert; hot, humid along coast; hot, dry interior; strong southwest summer monsoon (May to September) in far south
- Time Zone: UTC/GMT +4hrs
- Currency: Omani Rial [OMR]
The Sultanate of Oman is in the Middle East, bordering the Arabian Sea, the Gulf of Oman and the Persian Gulf.
With a total of 1,374 km land boundaries, Oman shares borders with
Saudi Arabia (676 km),
the United Arab Emirates (410 km) and
Yemen (288 km).