Information about Pakistan
- Area: total: 796,095 km² (land: 770,875 km² water: 25,220 km²)
- Population: 193,238,868 (July 2013)
- Capital: Islamabad
- Language: Punjabi 48%, Sindhi 12%, Saraiki (a Punjabi variant) 10%, Pashtu 8%, Urdu (official) 8%, Balochi 3%, Hindko 2%, Brahui 1%, English (official; lingua franca of Pakistani elite and most government ministries), Burushaski, and other 8%
- Religion: Muslim (official) 96.4% (Sunni 85-90%, Shia 10-15%), other (includes Christian and Hindu) 3.6%
- Climate: mostly hot, dry desert; temperate in northwest; arctic in north
- Time Zone: UTC/GMT +5hrs
- Currency: Pakistani Rupees [PKR]
Pakistan is in Southern Asia, bordering the Arabian Sea, between India on the east and Iran and Afghanistan on the west and China in the north.
Pakistan shares borders with
Afghanistan (2,430 km),
China (523 km),
India (2,912 km) and
Iran (909 km).