Information about Sverige
Sorry, the following information is currently only available in English.
- Area: 449,964 km² (land: 410,934 km², water: 39,030 km²)
- Population: 8,986,400 (July 2004)
- Capital: Stockholm
- Language: Swedish note: small Sami- and Finnish-speaking minorities
- Religion: Lutheran 87%, Roman Catholic, Orthodox, Baptist, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist
- Climate: Temperate in south with cold, cloudy winters and cool, partly cloudy summers; subarctic in north
- Time Zone: UTC/GMT +1hr (Central European Time)
- Currency: Swedish Krona [SEK]
Sweden is in Northern Europe, bordering the Baltic Sea, Gulf of Bothnia, Kattegat, and Skagerrak, between Finland and Norway.
With a total of 2,233 km land boundaries and 3,218 km coastline, Sweden shares borders with
Finland 614 km,
Norway 1,619 km.